Battery and electrical device disposal
Old appliances do not belong in the household waste! Electrical appliances contain valuable resources that can be recovered and reused in recycling processes. In addition, they often contain harmful substances that must not be released into the environment under any circumstances.
Both you as a customer and we as a retailer are obliged to hand in old electrical appliances at official collection points in order to make them available to the raw materials cycle through proper treatment, recycling and disposal. If you buy a new electrical appliance from us, you can have your old appliance of the same appliance category / type disposed of by us.
- Category 1 (heat exchangers, e.g. refrigerators)
- Category 2 (screens, monitors and devices containing screens with a surface area of more than 100 cm²)
- Category 4 (large appliances with an edge length of more than 50 cm)
- Categories 3, 5 and 6 (lamps and small appliances with an edge length of less than or equal to 50 cm)
The old appliance must be dismantled and ready to be taken away, i.e. disconnected from electricity and water mains, residual water must be drained, refrigerators and freezers defrosted. Large appliances should be placed on a pallet. If you do not have suitable (also used) packaging material available, please make a note of this to us.
To prevent damage to the environment and health, batteries must not be disposed of with household waste, but must be recycled or reused separately. As an end user, you are also obliged to return used batteries. You can do this free of charge via public collection points or wherever you purchased the batteries. You can return used batteries that we carry or have carried as new batteries to our shipping warehouse free of charge. Please do not return damaged batteries to us.
You will find these notes on batteries containing harmful substances:
- Cd = Battery contains more than 0.002 percent cadmium
- Hg = battery contains more than 0.0005 percent mercury
- Pb = battery contains more than 0.004 percent lead
Electrical appliances disposal
Please also note the following information:
- The old device handed in cannot be returned to you
- There will be no refund of the purchase price or residual value
- The old device will be recycled in accordance with the requirements of the Electrical and Electronic Equipment Act
Your data belongs to you! Please make sure to delete any personal or sensitive data on the device before handing in your old equipment.
Caution with batteries, rechargeable batteries and lamps
For safety reasons, batteries, rechargeable batteries and lamps that are not permanently installed in devices should be removed and disposed of separately before handing in the old device. For lithium batteries, tape off the battery terminals to prevent short circuits.